4.9.12

Man Sues His In-Law For Hiding Their Daughter

Malam Habibu Ahmad of Kabala Costain, Kaduna, on
Monday sued his mother-in-law, Gambo Alhassan, at a
Kaduna Sharia Court for allegedly hiding his wife.
Ahmad told the court that his wife left home on Sallah
day to deliver Sallah food to their families but did not
return.
"Before I left for Eid-el-Fitr prayers, my wife, Asmau,
was cooking and on my return, she had finished. She
told me that she would stay with her relations till
evening before returning.
"After waiting for long, I called her mobile phone and it
was switched off. I called the people she visited and I
was told that she did not stay long there."
He further alleged that Asmau had never spent six
months in his house without moving to unknown
destination, adding: "She always returned to me after
pleadings through phone calls."
He said unfortunately, "when I called her this time,
another man answered and told me not call the line
again as Asmau is his wife."
The defendant, Alhassan, pleaded not guilty of the
allegation, insisting that she had no knowledge of her
daughter's whereabouts.
According to her, Asmau had stayed with her elder
sister before she got married to Ahmad.
The mother-in-law told the court that after receiving
the court's summon, she called Asmau on the phone
and directed her to return to her husband's home as
the issue was before the court.
"Right now, Asmau is within this court," she said,
urging the court to direct Ahmad not to disturb her
again since his wife had returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment